Rep. Fincher Launches New and Improved Website & E-Newsletter
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Elizabeth Lauten
Friday, February 14, 2014 Phone: (202) 225-4714
Jackson, Tenn. – Today Congressman Stephen Fincher (R-Frog Jump) announced the launch of his newly revamped website and e-newsletter designed to better serve his constituents in the 8th Congressional District of Tennessee.
“Nothing is more important to me than communicating effectively with my constituents and serving their interests,” said Congressman Fincher. “This new website is a huge improvement over the previous one, making it easier for 8th Congressional District residents to stay up-to-date with the work I am doing both in the district and in Washington.”
The new website includes:
- A prominently displayed “How Can I Help You?” section on the homepage with links to the most frequently-asked constituent services;
- An emphasis on digital media such as Facebook and Twitter, with easy-access to all of the Congressman's digital media platforms;
- A new “Voting Center” that tracks the Congressman’s recent votes, giving constituents transparency and the ability to learn more about active bills in Congress;
- An updated issue section directing constituents to information most relevant to the district;
- And a robust interactive district map that allows constituents to find the Congressman’s district office located closest to their home.
In addition to the new website launch, the Congressman has also revamped his e-newsletter program to help inform and update constituents on the happenings in Washington and the district.
“My goal is remove every possible barrier that stands in the way of my constituents’ access to services provided by my office and information about what I’m doing on their behalf,” said Congressman Fincher. “After all, it’s the people’s office. It belongs to them.”
To check out the new website visit, http://Fincher.House.Gov