The state of Tennessee has a proud military heritage, and we need keep our promises to those brave men and women who have defended our freedom through their service in the Armed Forces. I will work hard to see that these veterans receive the full support of the federal government for their much-appreciated service. Our veterans have given so much, and we need to show our gratitude and support for what they have done.
We must protect money spent on our veterans from being cut by the federal government. We must be there for our wounded veterans, who will need continuing medical care and support for the sacrifices they made in the service of their country. We need to pursue new and better ways to educate veterans when their military duty ends, and we need to work hard to keep track of all American military personnel as they return home from duty. I will work hard to protect the benefits and assistance given to those who selflessly fought to protect the freedom we all enjoy.
See also information on veterans benefits.
I support the following legislation:
- H.R. 839: Terminating the Home Affordable Modification Program (House passed)
- H.R. 1540: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 (became law)
- H.R. 4310: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 (became law)
- H.R. 2397: Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2014 (House passed)
- H.R. 933: Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (became law)