I support policies that move the tax code to a flatter, simpler system for all Americans. If the average American could better understand why they were being taxed, and where their tax dollars were going, some faith in government may be restored. A more efficient and fair system of taxation could help grow the economy by making the tax code work for families, small businesses and corporations.
Lower, more equitable taxes would leave more money in the hands of the people and give them incentive to work, save, invest, and maybe even start a business of their own knowing that the fruits of their labor will not be taken by the government. Contrast that with plans to raise taxes, taking money from the people and fostering a greater reliance and dependency on government and government programs. I believe that the American Dream does not mean a reliance on the government to make a living, and I believe that keeping taxes low can help preserve the American Dream as we know it now.
I support the following legislation:
- H.R. 4: Comprehensive 1099 Taxpayer Protection and Repayment of Exchange Subsidy Overpayments Act of 2011 (became law)
- H.R. 8: the Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 (became law)
- H.R. 3630: Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 (became law)
- H.R 2879: Stop Government Abuse Act (passed House)
- H.R. 6169: Pathway to Job Creation through a Simpler, Fairer Tax Code Act of 2012 (passed House)