As a member of the House Financial Services Committee, I am at the forefront of issues impacting the economy such as banking, housing, insurance, securities and exchanges. As a small business owner, I understand the harmful effect that government barriers have placed on our economic recovery.
We need to put in place common sense policies to put Americans back to work while ensuring that we get government out of the way of small businesses.
I support the following legislation:
- H.R. 3630: Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 (became law)
- H.R. 2930: Entrepreneur Access to Capital Act (became law)
- H.R. 3606: JOBS Act (I introduced; became law)
- H.R. 1341: Financial Competitive Act of 2013 (I introduced; passed House)
- H.R. 2379: Qualified Mortgage Loan Originator Transitional Authority Act of 2013 (passed House)
- H.R. 1062: SEC Regulatory Accountability Act (passed House)