Economy and Jobs
I believe that getting the economy back on track needs to be the number one priority of this Congress. Government needs to foster an environment where it is possible for small businesses to grow and create jobs both in Tennessee and across the nation. The answer to our economic problems is not more government spending. That reckless spending, along with high taxes and Obamacare, is part of what has caused our economic woes in the first place.
I will work to eliminate uncertainty in the economy by helping to curb federal spending on wasteful projects, on stimulus funds that are unnecessary and on Obamacare. Significant spending reductions at the federal level coupled with tax cuts will leave money in your pockets, allowing you to reinvest it in the economy and helping to spur economic recovery and growth. Additionally, I will support efforts to repeal Obamacare, which will do nothing to help the economy and runs counter to the free market principles on which our economy was based.
This recovery has been painfully slow, and our economy has not recovered nearly as much as it should. The Obama Administration’s policies have not helped the economy recover, and there is no sense in continuing these same failed policies. I will continue to fight for sensible solutions to this economic crisis that will create jobs and cut wasteful government spending.
See also information on resources for businesses.
I support the following legislation:
- H.R. 3606: Jumpstart Our Business Startups (became law)
- H.R. 1341: Financial Competitive Act of 2013 (passed House)
- H.R. 3: Northern Route Approval Act (passed House)
- H.R. 3630: Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 (became law)
- HR 3010: the Regulatory Accountability Act (became law)
- H.R. 2930: Entrepreneur Access to Capital Act (became law)
- H.R 2879: Stop Government Abuse Act (passed House)
- H.R. 803: SKILLS ACT (passed House)
- H.R. 4078: Red Tape Reduction and Small Business Job Creation Act (passed House)
- H.R. 2578: Conservation and Economic Growth Act (passed House)